Friday, July 18, 2014

Colorful Granny Baby Blankets


I always enjoy crocheting baby items, especially blankets.

Over the years I've gather a ton of scrap yarn from other projects and I thought it would be fun to start digging into this huge tub filled with yarn. I decided I didn't want a huge project, something simple and fun, so baby granny blankets sounded like just the thing. After laying all of the yarn out on the floor, sorting it by color, then arranging different color schemes I noticed I had a bunch of bright colors that looked great together. I figured instead of sticking with the normal soft colors that I usually use for baby  blankets, it would be fun to do some bright and fun ones!

Granny blankets are my favorite, they work up so quickly and they always look amazing so I knew this would be perfect. It took me about a week each, only because along with wedding planning, getting a new puppy and just simply having a 2 year old I constantly seem to get sidetracked. But even though it took two weeks, I was still pleased with myself by getting them done that fast! I bet if I had a whole day to myself I could easily get one done :)



I must say, after completing these two blankets its gonna be hard to let them go since they go so perfectly with KK's room! But I have listed them both on Etsy if anyone is interested in them :)

But if you would like to make one yourself, the pattern for these blankets is SO simple. You just make a granny square and continue it until it reaches the size you want, switching colors as often as you wish!

There is a great tutorial for granny squares over at  Purlbee  , which is where I learned to make them! 







No comments:

Post a Comment